Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
Usage Details, IP Addresses, Cookies and Other Technologies
How We Use Your Information
Disclosure of Your Information
California Privacy Rights
EU-US Privacy Shield
- on this Website.
- in e-mail, text and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
- at the rental location, via the claims process (accident related), via the roadside assistance (breakdown related), customer service process, call center interaction (recorded calls).
- through any other means, including on any other website operated by Advantage or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries).
- through any online career application website or job portal linked to from within the Advantage website or via external job posting websites and/or social networks.
In compliance with the EU-US Privacy Shield Principles, Advantage commits to resolve complaints about your privacy and our collection or use of your personal information.
Advantage has further committed to refer unresolved privacy complaints under the EU-US Privacy Shield Principles BBB EU PRIVACY SHIELD, a non-profit alternative dispute resolution provider located in the United States and operated by the Council of Better Business Bureaus. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint, or if your complaint is not satisfactorily addressed, please visit www.bbb.org/EU-privacy-shield/for-eu-consumers/ for more information and to file a complaint.
Please note that if your complaint is not resolved through these channels, under limited circumstances, a binding arbitration option may be available before a Privacy Shield Panel.
Advantage is subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the Federal Trade Commission (FTC).
Advantage has further committed to refer unresolved privacy complaints under the US- Swiss Safe Harbor to an independent dispute resolution mechanism operated by the Council of Better Business Bureaus. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint, or if your complaint is not satisfactorily addressed, please visit www.bbb.org/us/safe-harbor-complaints for more information and to file a complaint.
We collect personal data and non-personal data to facilitate and provide services you request from us and for our operational uses in connection with such services, which data may include:
Name, address and contact details, including
- telephone and mobile number and e-mail;
- Date of birth
- Driver’s license number, issuing state and expiration date;
- Employer(s) name;
- Credit card information;
- Membership reward program information;
- Password and challenge/response question and answer for password recovery
- Affiliations with companies or associations;
- Limited static location data such as geographic location where the auto is to be picked up and dropped off;
- Airline flight information
- Rental charges you incur and other information relating to your transactions; and
- Age of renter
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, travel agents or brokers, social networks, consumer reporting agencies, and other companies that we have relationships with, such as our affiliates and business partners.
To improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, we may automatically collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website including the pages and resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type and language settings. The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal data:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide through it.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may share your information with companies you use in connection with your rental, including personal data as authorized, including the following:
- Your credit card provider and other companies that process your charges;
- Any company or organization that is paying all or part of your rental charges;
- Any intermediary you use, such as a travel agent or broker, in relation to any aspect of your rental; and
- Any operator of a membership program for which you are rewarded for renting with us, such as a frequent flyer or instant rewards program. You may quote a special discount code when you rent with us, entitling you to the special rate or benefits we may have negotiated with your company, association, credit card company or travel club.
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of Advantage’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal data held by Advantage about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an e-mail address to use the “e-mail a friend” feature of our Website, we will transmit the contents of that e-mail and your e-mail address to the recipients.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal data:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including our response to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Advantage, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal data to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to email@example.com
We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Tracking Technologies and Advertising: You can set your browser to refuse all or some browser cookies, or to alert you when cookies are being sent.
- Targeted Advertising: If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’ target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data (the registration form). You can also always adjust your user advertising preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an e-mail.
- We will only use your personal data for our marketing purposes or those of third parties with your prior consent.
- If you do not receive marketing messages from us and would like to do so, or if you want to limit or restrict our mailings or sharing of your data for marketing purposes, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Advantage is a member of the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework. Advantage complies with the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework as set forth by the US Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information from European Union member countries. Advantage has certified that it adheres to the Privacy Shield Principles of notice, choice, accountability for onward transfer, security, data integrity and purpose limitation, access, and recourse enforcement and liability. To learn more about the Privacy Shield program, and to view our certification page, please visit http://www.privacyshield.gov/
If at any time after providing personal data to Advantage, you decide to opt-out of Advantage’s use of your personal data, you may contact Customer Service or e-mail us at PersonalData@Advantage.com
Advantage will not use personal data for purposes other than those for which it was originally collected or subsequently authorized by the EU residents unless the individual affirmatively and explicitly consents (“opts-in”) to the processing, or unless an exception applies. Should the information collected be “sensitive” personal data, Advantage will not disclose such information to a third party or use it for any purpose other than for which it was originally collected unless you opt-in to Advantage doing so. Advantage also provides EU residents with the opportunity to withdraw consent at any time (“opt-out”) of their information being used for a purpose other than for which it was originally collected or when such information is to be disclosed for the first time to a third party, in which case their personal data will not be further processed.
Access and Correction: Individuals have the right to access their personal information. Upon written request to Advantage, Advantage will provide individuals in the EU with access to their personal data. Advantage will also take reasonable steps to allow EU residents to review their information for the purposes of correcting it. There are certain limitations to the Access and Correction rights, as set forth in the EU-US Privacy Shield Principles. To learn more about the Privacy Shield program, please visit https://www.privacyshield.gov/
Advantage employs reasonable methods to ensure that any personal data held about EU individuals is accurate, complete, current and otherwise reliable in relation to the purposes for which the information was obtained. Advantage collects personal data that is adequate, relevant and not excessive for the purposes for which it is to be processed. EU individuals have a responsibility to assist Advantage in maintaining accurate, complete and current personal data about them. If you believe that any personal data provided to Advantage is incorrect, or is, has been, or might be used inappropriately, please contact us at email@example.com, and we will take steps to correct the information as appropriate.
Onward Transfer: If Advantage transfers personal data to a third party that is acting as an agent, Advantage will do so only if Advantage has entered into a written agreement with such third party requiring that the third party provide at least the same level of privacy protection as is required by the relevant Principles.
Adherence by Advantage to these Principles may be limited (i) to the extent required to respond to a legal or ethical obligation; (ii) to the extent necessary to meet national security, public interest or law enforcement obligations; and (iii) to the extent expressly permitted by an applicable law, rule or regulation. Note that Advantage may be required to disclose an individual’s personal information in response to a lawful request by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
Advantage may be liable for appropriate onward transfer of personal data to third parties.
We have implemented reasonable measures designed to secure your personal data from accidental loss and from loss, theft, destruction, unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions and account information will be encrypted using SSL technology.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the storage and processing of digital information and transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee its security. Any transmission of personal data is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
As long as Advantage continues to store, use, or disclose personal data transferred to Advantage under the Principles, Advantage will apply to such personal data either the Principles or safeguards that provide no less privacy protection than the applicable EU-US Privacy Shield Framework then requires.
Advantage has in place procedures for training employees in the internal mechanisms for handling complaints and their implementation, and disciplining employees for failure to follow such mechanisms. Advantage also has in place internal procedures for periodically conducting objective reviews of compliance with the above policy.
Orlando, FL 32809
Fax: (407) 367-2528
Telephone: (800) 777-5500
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org