While Las Vegas is still healing from the deadliest mass shooting in U.S. history, now is the time for Americans to show their resilient nature by flocking to the Entertainment Capital of the World. Because tourism is what drives the city, visitors can provide some much-needed economic and moral support.
Although Sin City has an adults-only reputation thanks to gambling and showgirls, its lesser-known attributes can turn it into Grin City when you take the family along for the ride!
In addition to its McCarran International Airport (LAS) location, Advantage Rent A Car has rental counters at five Vegas area hotels: the Gold Coast Hotel and Casino, Main Street Station Casino Brewery Hotel, The Orleans Hotel and Casino, Suncoast Hotel and Casino and its newest location at the Stratosphere Casino, Hotel and Tower. So no matter what your plans are during your stay, you can reserve a car whenever and wherever you need one, and then hit the gas toward your desert adventure.
Viva Las Family
Traveling anywhere as a family means spending a lot of extra money. But with a Las Vegas Power Pass, everyone can enjoy access to more than 50 attractions, tours and experiences, including:
- High Roller | The world’s tallest observation wheel takes riders on a 30-minute rotation, which offers amazing 360-degree views of the Las Vegas skyline and Nevada desert.
- VooDoo Zip Line | Soar more than 30 mph 50 stories above city rooftops between the two towers of the Rio Las Vegas.
- Marvel Avengers S.T.A.T.I.O.N. | Step inside the Scientific Training and Tactical Intelligence Operative Network of the Marvel universe, where visitors can train to become official agents.
- Xterious Escape Games and Countdown Live Escape Games | Choose from many different themed escape rooms that test your problem-solving skills in a race against the clock.
- Big Apple Roller Coaster at New York-New York | Step inside an NYC taxi and climb 203 feet before plummeting more than 140 feet at 67 mph, speeding past replicas of New York City landmarks.
The Boulevard — And Beyond
In addition to all of the activities covered in the Power Pass, Las Vegas offers plenty of other family-friendly attractions and shows.
Get interactive at the Discovery Children’s Museum, play more than 160 video and classic arcade-style games at GameWorks, or catch a performance by Blue Man Group.
Venture about 20 minutes west of the Las Vegas strip to enjoy the sights of Red Rock Canyon behind the wheel of a three-wheel Scootercar.
Gaze into Mandalay Bay’s Shark Reef Aquarium or take in a show by the Popovich Comedy Pet Theater, which features more than 30 pets rescued from animal shelters.
Experience one of the city’s other family-friendly shows, such as Cirque du Soleil’s Mystère, Love or O.
Whether you’re visiting with family or friends, or you’re in town on business, Las Vegas has no shortage of fun activities for everyone.
For more kid-friendly attractions, visit:
Written by: Angie Lewis